Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Letter to My Email Subscribers/HTML messing up my feed!

Update December 29, 2015 - I received news today that a few of my subscribers received an email about my December 28th post. I guess I fixed my email problem! Hopefully the fix will last a long while.

Updated Post December 22, 2015
Email Subscribers: Despite my best efforts, I do not think I can repair the troubles I am experiencing with my blog and its relationship with Feedburner. I hope one day to be able to send email updates, but for now HTML coding and Feedburner's file limit baffles me. Why? Oh why, did a simple blog turn out to be so complicated? Ugh.

Written December 16th, 2015
Dear Email Subscribers,

I have discovered that all of you have not been receiving my updated posts. This wasn't something I realized right away, and I apologize for that. Because I am not technically savvy when it comes to my blog, I was unsure how to correct the problem. Over the last few days, I found the time I needed to look at this problem and try to correct it.

My email subscriptions are managed by an add-on service called Feedburner. Feedburner has a limit of how large a blog's feed size can be. That limit is 512K. In January or February, I went over that limit. In order to reduce the size so you could receive emails again, I had to do a lot of reading. Once I devised my plan to fix it, I discovered that my plan could possibly create more problems. Over the last few days, I have tried several remedies. Hopefully, the solutions I have attempted will work and this post will arrive in your inbox.

Each of you are important to me, and I greatly appreciate your thinking enough of me to sign-up to read my posts. I hope that in this absence you have continued to read my blog by searching for it on your favorite search engine or placing it in your favorite's list. Of course if you would rather not receive any new posts in your inbox, you can unsubscribe, and I promise I will not tag you as my least favorite person. Then again, my fixes may not solve the problem, and this post will be irrelevant. I hope that is not the case.

The beginning of a new year has always been my favorite time of year. I hope this post finds all of you happy and warm during these last few weeks of 2015.

Thanks for reading and . . .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Lisa

P.S.

I learned that copying and pasting from Microsoft Word or other processor into a blog post can cause HTML problems. I use Microsoft Word and apparently it can add unnecessary characters that Feedburner does not like.  For my size problem, I added a parameter of (1) to my Original Feed Address. That should limit the amount of posts in the feed to only one.  For the Microsoft Word text pasting problem, I typed this post directly into my blog. The rest I will (try) copy and paste into Notepad to clean-up the HTML problems and then place back into my blog. I have also "pinged" it in order to update the feed.

If anyone has experience with this situation, please leave a comment below. I don't think my problems are resolved and may never be with my limited knowledge.

This has turned into quite a pain.

It would help me a lot for any subscribers to leave a comment below to let me know you did receive this in your inbox or send me an email located in the "contact me" page above.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment