Friday, October 6, 2017

I Think I Need an Editor

I need to apologize to anyone who reads my blog. So here it is: I am sorry.

I am sorry because for some reason I thought when I began this blog in August of 2013 that in time my writing mistakes would lessen. That my struggle to write something free of little words sitting there adding no meaning to a sentence; free of words sitting in an order that seem randomly placed like they were shuffled somehow after leaving my brain causing the reader to ask, What? I don't get it, would stop. It hasn't.

How wrong I was that it would get easier. The mistakes in my last post are proof of that. How do mistakes stare at me but I not at them?

Maybe I should try the writing tricks my daughters suggested long ago: change the font; read each sentence starting at the end.

I am embarrassed that it happens. It is simply maddening and even humiliating because I try so hard to eliminate these easily fixed writing flaws leaving me cringing once I find them.

I won't take offense if you mention to me that you see something that needs my attention in any future posts. Matter-o-fact, I would appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment